Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools' Day

      I think everyone is aware that today, April 1st, is April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day and personally I love it. I feel like April Fools' Day is that one time you can be a complete jerk and get away with it by saying "April Fools" it just works out so well. My dad use to pull pranks on us, my brothers and I, all the time, but this year his prank was terrible. He decided the prank would be on me and it was terrible. If there is one thing my dad could have remembered about me it had to be that I liked Selena Gomez 4 years ago when she was on Wizards of Waverly (is that how you spell it) Place.
            He comes into my room and says, "Alicia, did you hear about Selena Gomez?"
        "No, what about her?" I say enthusiastically, while scrolling through Twitter with one headphone in listening to music.
      "Some one broke into her house and choked her to death." There is just something I want to say about the "practical joke", it is so unrealistic. I bet if someone was able to get anywhere near Selena Gomez's house they would be interrogated. Do you really think they are going to let a pop star be unprotected? She probably has more security on her house than Fort Knox. Also, I can't remember the last time I even talked about Selena Gomez (excluding this time right now). I don't know why he picked Selena Gomez of all people and why would it be her being killed? Doesn't he realize that would be all over the internet if it was true. Why didn't he pick something like a car accident or someone else like a senator or governor I mean really dad? Come on you can do better than that. Here is reward dad this is all you get.
    I think the best prank he ever pulled on my brothers and I was when I was like eight year old. My brothers and I were playing Ocarina of Time (well one of them was playing it the other two were watching) and my dad walked in and he said, "Since you guys are on Spring Break why don't we do something fun?"
       My eldest brother Gage said, "Like what?"
    "How about we all go to Six Flags?" The cruelest part about what he is saying is none of us have ever been there so it was an exciting and new. We all agreed and he told us to get ready and that he was going to go buy some sunscreen, because we all burn easily and he would be waiting for us outside in his truck.
     We all get dressed and are ready to go and my second eldest brother, Caleb said, "Dad we are ready to go!"
   At this point my mom has walked in and says, "Where are you all going?" So we explain to her that we are going to Six Flags with Dad and she says, "He left to go to work."
        Literally the realization that we weren't going to Six Flags was heart breaking. I don't think you understand. We all just got really upset and so we wanted to pull a prank on him back, our mom helped us. We decided that we were going to go outside and hide and my mom was going to ask him where we were. Then, when he said that he left us here she was going to tell him that she thought they were going outside to get into his truck. Now before I continue this, we didn't leave anything behind. We had taken hats, bags, shoes outside with us so he would think we were gone. It is also good he didn't questioned why we didn't realize it wasn't his truck and he wasn't the one driving the truck he just freaked out. Everything went according to plan and he was going to call 911 and my mom opened the back door and said, "You guys can come in now." We all walked in and he was just in the biggest state of wtf he had ever been in.
     We all said in unison, "April Fools."
  It was the sweetest revenge I had ever tasted.
         Happy April Fools' Day to you and I hope you weren't too gullible or aren't too gullible today!

No comments:

Post a Comment