Sunday, April 13, 2014

New Eating Habits! :D

   I can admit I use to not eat healthy food and I could have taken better care of myself. I had a "life style change". I am not going on a diet, I am just going to eat better and exercise. This is how I changed my eating habits and started exercising.
  • No more caffeine, I use to get headaches if I did not drink caffeine so I stopped drinking it and I have been feeling way better. 
  • No more junk food. Every once and a while I can have a piece of chocolate or a handful of chips, but it isn't an everyday thing anymore. 
  • More organic foods. Organic foods are grown with less pesticides. Pesticides can be harmful to human immune systems. (more info at  Help Guide- Organic foods
  • Waking up earlier.
  • Exercise!!!!! Exercise is extremely important. For information on the benefits of exercise - Physical Activity benefits
  • Vitamins, to be sure I receive the proper amount Vitamins I take multi-vitamin gummies, Fish oils, fiber supplements. 
  • Drink lots of water!\
  • Sleep proper amount of time! Teens normally need more sleep for my age (14) it is recommended I get at least 9 hours of sleep.

    My exercise routine- I work out at around 7pm which lasts an hour, then I shower, then go to bed.
    ***If any time during your exercise if you feel tired PLEASE stop and take a break. DON'T over work yourself. 
  • Walk for 2 minutes on treadmill
  • Run for 6 minutes on treadmill
  • Jog for 2 minutes on treadmill
  • I then run from my garage door to the wall about 25 times. 
  • Do 20 crunches 
  • 15 sit-ups 
  • 20 push-ups
  • Then I take two 5 pound (2.3 kilograms) weights and lift them horizontally over my head about 15 times.
  • 30 jumping jacks 
  • Then I take this thing that looks like a jump rope but it is made of rubber and has two handles on the end. I put the rubber part under my foot and lift up with both my hands about 15 times on both arms.
    *******Each exercise and diet needs to be tailored to EACH PERSON. What works for one person will not always work for the other. ALSO, remember to eat properly don't try and starve yourself that will only cause harm to your body. Just because you are eating healthy food doesn't mean eat more, eat until you are full.
          Something I would like to say about losing weight. PLEASE LOSE WEIGHT FOR YOU!!!
    Don't lose weight, because you think you need to "fit-in". Society makes it seem like you need to be skinny to be accepted. Being healthy is more important than being skinny. Don't lose weight, because of society. Lose weight and be healthy to feel better mentally and physically. <3 Love you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment