Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring Break is over D:

        Yesterday, Monday I went back to school after being on spring vacation. It was probably the worst setting for a day. First of all the fact that it was on a Monday after being on a week long vacation meant everyone was tired and that everyone probably reluctantly got out of bed that morning. What made the feel for this day worse was the weather. I live in one of the southern states so went it rains in the warmer months not only does it rain, it also feels like a sauna outside. The air outside was so thick, and it was humid. Also, there is a bridge to the school across from mine which was flooded from the river underneath it because of all the rain from the previous night. This caused tons of traffic for both my school and the other school. The cherry on top of the mood for this day was we were in soft lock down until about 1:30 P.M. A man had broken out of a prison a few counties away from mine and he was on the run and there was and I quote, "A Man Hunt". This gave the students all something to talk about and for all of us to worry about on our wet, humid, Monday morning. The classes yesterday were not bad though. In my Lit. class which is my first class of the day I fell asleep while my teacher was trying to find the place for the monotone recorded voice to read us an excerpt from, Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. I do love John Steinbeck's writing we are currently reading The Pearl which I have read before and I absolutely love. The rest of my classes went smoothly, the only problem I had in any of my classes was in my America Government class. We had to fill out a chart for homework about the Civil War, which I can not tell you how many times I have learned about. Doing a chart for homework about the causes of the Civil War is not a problem honestly it is quiet easy the problem here was I had a migraine. This is also the reason I didn't write this yesterday. I didn't tweet much yesterday I tried to get on the computer a few times, but each time I ended up regretting it and lying back down. My mom was also sick yesterday she had went to the doctor and wasn't feeling well so we watched The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. She had never seen it before so it was nice for us to watch it together. I was asleep through some parts of it and someone would die or Katniss would scream and that would jerk me back into reality. Monday was not a very fun day for me. I just wish I could have slept through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment