Monday, April 14, 2014

Young Southern Writers Contest Winner

     In about January we had to write a fictional story that was for a UTC contest. It was called the Young Southern Writer's Contest. In my horizon ELT (extra learning time) class which is a creative writing class for students that my Lit. teacher chooses. So, what we did is everyone wrote a paper and then we would check each other for grammar, punctuation, spelling mistakes before my teacher sent them in. She wanted everyone to vote for the story they thought was best. I had read all of the other student's stories and I thought their stories were much better than mine. So, did the rest of the students as my story didn't get one vote. I guess they were wrong though, because MY STORY WAS ONE OF THE WINNERS IN THAT CATEGORY I AM SO EXCITED YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. 
           There will be an awards ceremony that I will not being attending due to other things scheduled for that day, but my teacher is going to be picking up my medal for me. I am so happy that I won this award. I love to write as shown through doing a blog and just writing for fun, but the fact that I won something for doing what I love means so much to me. I do wish I could attend. I just want to say thank you UTC for giving me an opportunity to be recognized for what I love. 



(I will post my story tomorrow!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment