Monday, March 31, 2014

Sleep deprivation

      I am on a kind of vacation, I wouldn't really call it vacation but I am visiting family and it is 5:32 am as I am writing this and I am like dying. I haven't seen this part of my family in about a year, but I got here yesterday and I just want to go home. I didn't sleep well the night before my dad and I left on our trip (4 hour car ride), I didn't sleep in the car and I went to sleep at 12 am and woke up at around 3:20 am. So, at first I was like oh I can go back to sleep no problem.
      Then I was like what about if I get on twitter just for a few minutes.... I can open up tumblr... Oh man I could watch an episode of Breaking Bad right now! So now I have been on the internet for 3 hours and I don't exactly know how I feel. I have slept about 6 hours in the past 48 hours so my brain is acting like a diseased frog. Literally I tried to take a drink early and my arm was like NOPE and I spilled it all over me. I had to go into the room my dad was asleep in and get a new shirt and clean the couch, because I spilled soda everywhere. *slow clap*
          I think one of the main reasons I can't sleep is because everything is really dark. I am not particularly afraid of the dark but when I just lay in the blackness of the night I get freaked out. Like no. The wind has been howling all night as well which is keeping me awake, because the relatives I am staying with, aunt and uncle, have a screen door, before their front door and it keeps like beating the side of the house. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW NO ONE HAS WOKEN UP. My dad did once actually. He went to the bathroom and he didn't see that I was awake then he walked out of the bathroom and was like, "You know it is 4 am?" All I said was "Thank you, I didn't notice." Then he went back to bed.
        Also, my uncle and my dad are both snoring. The rooms are on both sides of me one to the left the other to the right and they are both snoring very loudly. My dad normally has a machine that he wears so he can breathe better while he is asleep, so I am not really use to hearing the loud snoring noise. Obviously he couldn't bring the machine with him, because that would have been a problem.
          THE COUCH. Jesus Christ the couch. That is probably a HUGE reason why I can't sleep. This couch is so uncomfortable, I don't have an actual pillow either. It is one of those huge couch pillows that are like, "Awww, it is so pretty." Then you try to use it and are like, "This is a hard marshmallow of death."
           Something I would like to add to this is when I went to the bathroom, I flushed the toilet and it was like a plane taking flight. I literally cringed the whole time I was washing my hands. All I said was, "Nope, nope, nope." Then when I was walking to and from the bathroom I felt like I was stomping around, even though I wasn't.  
        I know I am complaining and blah blah blah, but literally I am so tired, but I almost don't want to sleep? I guess, because when you are visiting family for only two days you HAVE to see everyone. Considering it will probably be another whole year until I see them again, I can't just spend time locked away and be like don't talk to me or I will kill you. I think not sleeping is my recharge. At night everyone is asleep so no one will talk to me or bother me, so being awake at night where I am comfortable seems to work out well. Until I have to wake up early and visit all of my family and it isn't like I can go home and take a nap. There is always company and relatives who are like, "What do you want to with your life?" The night time being awake is like my recharge, if that makes any sense. I do love my family and I want to spend time with them, but this is more socializing than I am use to I guess, so I feel a bit uncomfortable. I am still very glad to see them, but if not sleeping is the price I pay to visit them, I think I will be okay for another two days.
Sitting in the dark abyss that is my Uncle's house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment