Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Speech Disaster

So on Tuesday in my English class we had to present a speech about "The Importance of Healthy Living" now this wasn't a topic I was very passionate about. Personally I feel like we could have discussed something more important such as bullying, world hunger, self harm, something else. For some reason healthy living is WAY more important than topic such as these to our standards which is a bit upsetting. As you can see this wasn't something I was passionate about, thus writing about didn't come easy to me. I felt like I was lying by saying "Healthy living should be a number one priority to the government blah blah blah" because that isn't true, in my opinion, at all. We had two days to present these, Tuesday and Wednesday, my name was called on Tuesday and I got choked up and told my teacher I couldn't do it. She told me don't worry you will be okay and don't worry about everyone else, but I couldn't find my voice it has disappeared from me. The first word on my paper was "when". I literally had forgotten how to say it my face was flushed, my lip was trembling, and the rest of my body was quaking. She said, "Do you want to just do it tomorrow?" I nodded my head and quickly sat down, then when I sat down I started to cry. It wasn't like a violent sob it was more like a silent tear roll down the cheek kind of thing, it was like I was in a dramatic movie. I felt like everything should be in black and white with Sarah Mclachlan singing in the back ground. Nobody really said thing about it except for my friends who were like, "Are you okay? Do you need anything?" It was really awkward as she went alright someone else want to give there speech. I gave my speech the next day and it wasn't really that bad... I did end up getting an 81 on the speech. -_- I had "little to no eye contact and people strained to hear me" which is so not true. I did talk very kind of loudly. I could hear me they could hear me she was just be mean.... not really but still. She said the speech was well written and she liked it and blah blah blah. I am still upset about the 81. I guess it is okay, I am glad I didn't just take a zero on it, that would have brought my grade down terribly. Public speaking is like a cruel punishment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment