Monday, March 24, 2014

Ceiling Spider

I am not a morning person so I take showers at night, thus being able to sleep more in the morning. While taking a shower tonight I noticed something moving on the ceiling. It was a spider. I literally felt my heart drop. I am terrified of anything and everything that crawls. Before someone is like, "What about babies you can't be afraid of babies and blah blah blah." Okay babies can be terrifying if they aren't there at the right time, like spiders. Without spiders there would be an insect problem so humans benefit from spiders in the spring and summer. If babies are there when there when they don't need to be they can like destroy your life. What benefits do babies have? Repopulating? Don't we have enough people in the world? Anyway what I am saying is there is a time and place for spiders. In my bathroom while I am showering at 10:00 p.m is neither the time nor place for this spider. The reason this spider caught my attention I believe is because it was red. Like a spawn of Satan or something. So, when I saw the spider I had no idea what to do so I thought throw water at it and maybe it will like die or something. Well I thought I hit it, but turns out it was difficult to see the spider due to the wet patches on the ceiling. So I saw it again and this time I hit the spider and it fell to the floor. Now the idea that hitting the spider with water would knock it down to the ground didn't even cross my mind at the time of throwing the water or splashing the water. I opened the curtain and guess who I saw, the demon spider floating up on its web. Of course I grabbed the shampoo bottle and threw it at the spider......I missed. Then I took the conditioner and pounded the bottle on top of the spider and this didn't kill it, because the bottom of the bottle was rounded inward. I proceeded to smear the spider across the floor. I was still freaking out thinking it would come back to life and kill me or something so I rushed to get dressed and putting on a bra while your skin is still wet is probably the most difficult thing in the world. Now I will think about the story by H.P Lovecraft, "The Curse of Yig" were if you hurt one of Yigs' children (snakes) everyone you love will be killed and you will turn into a human snake thing. Instead of snakes they are spiders. I am terrified to walk around though. I feel like a spider will be on my foot and bite me and I will die. I barely brushed some clothes lying on my floor with my foot and nearly had a heart attack. Moral of the story. Spiders are like babies, terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment